What are the dates of the conference?
July 9-11, 2023, offering four tracks of education, all concurrently facilitated:
- ALSD Conference and Tradeshow: Premium Seating, Partnerships, F&B
- Design & Build Forum: Design, Construction, Architecture, Facilities
- Technology Symposium: Strategy, BI, Innovation, Operational Efficiencies
- New in 2023: IIFX: Fan Experience, Safety, Security, Operations, Sustainability
Does the conference take place at the JW Marriott Indianapolis?
Yep. All education, tradeshow, and bus departures take place at the JW Marriott Indianapolis. Keep in mind, we have several hotels for sleeping rooms. The Westin and Downtown Marriott will have availability for booking through July 3. All are within walking distance, or connected to the host hotel, JW Marriott.
Any new activations this year?
As a matter of fact, yes. Two new, powerful meeting tools:
- 2023 ALSD Conference App & Bullseye Meeting Opportunity: All conference goers will get an onboarding email from email@example.com to download the web and mobile app and begin activating your experience. The App is our engagement hub and attendees are strongly encouraged to download it (trust us, it will help you).
- Please whitelist the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and be sure to check your Spam, just in case.
- Many features of the app, such as Bullseye Meeting Scheduling, are meant to be explored and activated before the conference, to best customize your experience.
- What are Bullseye Meetings, you ask? These are prescheduled 1-to-1, 12-minute meet-and-greets with Bullseye Hosts (ALSD vendor and service provider partners who support teams and venues). Take a quick meeting in our Bullseye Lounges and leave with a valuable connection (and a snack).
- Attendees can begin scheduling Bullseye Meetings immediately (i.e., before the show) upon logging into the 2023 ALSD Conference App (again, app onboarding email coming shortly).
- mTap Lead Generation Platform: A cool tool that allows you to collect each other’s information (that whole networking thing is pretty big at ALSD). Exhibitors and sponsors will get more information soon, and badges will have QR codes.
Speaking of badges, where do I pick mine up?
The JW Marriott Indianapolis, Floor 3. Your badge, program, and networking oasis await.
How can I stay up to date with announcements at the conference?
The app above of course. Or, if you are more of a texting person, you can text “indy2023” to 833-317-1867 or click here to sign up for text updates from our friends at Vozzi.
Where are the venue tours this year?
Lucas Oil Stadium: Sunday, July 9 beginning at 7:00 p.m.
Gainbridge Fieldhouse: Monday, July 10 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
Indianapolis Motor Speedway: Tuesday, July 11 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
Do you provide transportation to the venue tours?
Absolutely. All buses board from the bottom floor, back bus lobby of the JW Marriott meeting space. Since Sunday and Monday venues are nearby, attendees are permitted to walk back from the tours, but it’s important to ride the bus to each for proper entry. If you are local, here is parking and entry information.
Do I have to be credentialed to get into the venue tours?
Yes. Your badge must be worn at all times for venue tours. While we’ve got you, you also need your badge at all conference events at the hotel too. Don’t leave it in your hotel room.
What’s the dress code?
- For conference education and tradeshow, most people wear business or smart casual. Remember that meeting rooms at hotels get chilly, so it’s wise to layer.
- For the venue tours, you’ll be walking, so you might change up the shoes. Sunday and Monday tours are indoors. Tuesday’s event is outdoors, and we encourage casual, comfortable dress. Driving gloves optional.
If I’m departing straight to the airport from a venue tour or coming from the airport to a venue tour, is there a place for my luggage?
We will always make arrangements, but if at all possible, the hotel is the best place for your bags.
Tell me more about the schedule and what I can or can’t attend.
- Nearly all educational sessions, networking events, tradeshow are open to everyone including the ALSD, Design & Build Forum, Tech Symposium, and IIFX educational tracks.
- The only closed meetings are “League Day Meetings” on Monday, July 10, reserved for premium team and venue personnel, and labeled accordingly on the schedule.
- Visit the up-to-date conference schedule page, customize your agenda at indy.alsd.com or you may also view our preliminary program grid which outlines events hour-by-hour.
- If you’re new to ALSD, please join us for the New Attendee Meeting on Sunday, July 9 at 2:00 p.m., Floor 3.
- And finally, we are all in the event business, so this should come as no surprise: There will be changes. A meeting room may change, a speaker may be added or changed. We appreciate your flexibility, and even have an addendum to set us straight.
When is Tradeshow Set Up?
Tradeshow set up is Sunday, July 9: 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Leave enough time to join us for the Keynote and Super Panel at 3:00 p.m.
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be tradeshow cocktail Receptions on Sunday and Monday nights, Monday and Tuesday tradeshow lunches, and morning coffee breaks.
If I am driving to the conference, is there parking?
The four ALSD hotels offer valet and/or self-park. Please visit the respective website where you’re staying for pricing.
Any travel advice?
The Indianapolis Airport is one of the most hospitable in the country. They are even providing food and beverage vouchers, which are available at registration at the conference.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Engage in sessions, visit all exhibitors and sponsors, go on the venue tours. Conferences have a way of surprising us at every turn.