What are the dates of the conference?
Sunday, June 24 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018
We’ve combined three shows again this year!
- ALSD Conference and Tradeshow: Sunday, June 24 – Wednesday, June 27, 2018
- Sports Venue Design & Build Forum: Monday, June 25 – Tuesday, June 26, 2018
- Sports Sales Boot Camp: Monday, June 25, 2018
- Sunday, June 24: Exhibitor Set Up, Registration Opens, New Attendee + Networking Meeting at 2:30 p.m., Grant Hill Keynote + Conference Open at 3:30 p.m., Tradeshow Opening Night 4:00-7:00 p.m., followed by buses departing for SunTrust Park and The Battery Atlanta Tour and Reception
- Monday, June 25: Quite a day! 8:00-9:30 a.m. kicks off the All Attendee Breakfast, Visionary Award & Super Panel, followed by League Day for teams/venues and the Design & Build Forum running 9:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.; groups join back together for a 4:00 p.m. Mercedes-Benz Stadium Super Panel; Sports Sales Boot Camp begins at 7:00 a.m.; Tradeshow Lunch 12:00-1:30 p.m. and Happy Hour 5:00-7:00 p.m., followed by buses departing for Mercedes-Benz Stadium Tour and Reception
- Tuesday, June 26: ALSD and Design & Build Forum combine starting at 8:00 a.m. for Super Panels, State of Industry, Spotlight Awards, Tradeshow Lunch gives way to Solutions Sessions, then ALSD and Design & Build Breakouts run 12:30-4:00 p.m., followed bya Art+ROI Super Panel just after 4:00 p.m., followed buses departing at 5:45 p.m. for Fox Theatre Cocktail Reception; Remember: "Wear Your Team Tuesday"
- Wednesday, June 27: Conference closes with a bang, starting at 9:00 a.m. with Disney Institute facilitatedsession, followed by the Suite Holder Focus Group, ending at 12:00 p.m.
What is the dress code?
- Business Casual.Sport coats and jeans are acceptable. Reminder: meeting rooms get chilly. Layers, anyone?
- We encourage comfortable shoes and casual dress for the tours and receptions.
- For the second year, we will wear team or company attire on: "Wear Your Team Tuesday"
- On Tuesday, June 26, all attendees are encouraged to wear attire with their team, venue, or company logo. It’s a fun, easy way to enhance networking! At the end of the show, donate your shirt to a local shelter. Or bring an extra with you to donate.
So what can I attend?
- Teams, leagues, and personnel from sports/entertainment venues are free to attend all events and sessions, including League and Standalone Meetings, Tours and Receptions, General Sessions, and Tradeshow Events. Many will attend the Design & Build Forum.
- Teams: With Design & Build Forum and ALSD League Day running concurrently on Monday, it might make sense to divide and conquer. The content is powerful in each meeting, so select what best applies to you, and check out which agenda items compel you most.
- F&Bers: The Design & Build Forum is what you will attend on Monday, with multiple programs devoted to F&B content.
- Exhibitors, Suppliers, and Vendor Companies are also free to attend all events and sessions except Monday’s League and Standalone Meetings. Instead, on Monday this group should attend the Design & Build Forum, designed with them in mind.
- If you are unclear on what events you should and can attend, ask an ALSD staffer.
Please note: The hotel meeting space will be busting at the seams. You’ve helped set record attendance and with the show on one contiguous level of the Marriott, some meeting rooms may be tight. Hey at least you won’t be cold!
When is Tradeshow Set Up?
Sunday, June 24 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
How does the tradeshow impact my venue?
It’s one of the most important aspects of your conference experience. This is a showcase for all new products and services going on in sports business. If you want to know about new tech, fan experience, furniture, amenities, and other areas of your business, you need to talk to the exhibitors and sponsors. They are there for a reason: to provide solutions for your venues. Remember: We Innovate Together. Vendors and suppliers are the dream-makers in this space, creating the best ideas, innovations, and products to move sports and entertainment venues into a new era.
Where do conference events take place?
Atlanta Marriott Marquis, located at 265 Peachtree Center Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30303
- Registration for the ALSD Conference, Design & Build Forum, and Sports Sales Boot Camp is on the Marquis Level, one floor below the main lobby. This is where you pick up your badges: Attendees by last name, Exhibitors/Sponsors by company name
- ALSD Conference Education, Tradeshow, Design & Build Forum, Sports Sales Boot Camp, and Bullseye Meetings are all on Marquis Level, one floor below the main lobby: Check your program for specific rooming assignments.
- Buses for offsite tours depart from International Level, which is the lowest level of the hotel, in the back of the hotel. This year, we are touring SunTrust Park and The Battery Atlanta on Sunday, June 24 leaving at 7:00 p.m. and Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Monday, June 25 leaving at 7:00 p.m. and holding a cocktail reception at Fox Theatre, leaving at 5:45 p.m.
Please note: If you booked a room at one of the overflow hotels (Courtyard, Hilton, Aloft), you will need to walk or arrange your own transportation to the Marriott Marquis for all conference events, as the schedule has so many events ongoing and you set your schedule.
Will there be food and drink available?
Food and drink will be featured at the sports venues as part of our off-site hospitality receptions. Additionally, there will be receptions in the tradeshow with hors d'oeuvres and beverages on Sunday and Monday nights. There is also a Monday and Tuesday tradeshow lunch and light breakfast most days.
Can I see the tentative final program?
Pick up your full printed program and addendum at the Registration Desk on Marquis Level; there have been changes since we went to print. We also have an onsite app to download, with full program, speaker, and vendor information.
- If you wish to see an advanced look at the program, visit www.alsd.com/schedule
Can I get updates about events going on at the conference?
We have an app for that! ConnexMe by Evenium will let you connect to the ALSD Conference for up-to-date agenda and conference information. Two ways:
- Download the ConnexMe app on your smartphone:
- Search for "ConnexMe" on the App Store of Play Store
- Download the app and follow the prompts
- Event the event code: ALSD2018
- OR Open a web browser window on your device
- Enter the URL: connex.me/ALSD2018
What are the transportation options from the airport to the host hotel?
The Atlanta airport is 20 minutes from the host hotel, Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Bauer’s, our transportation partner, has arranged for a 15% discount code for ALSD attendees who use the iCar app, which is a schedule-in-advance black car service. To use:
- Go to https://ubfv.app.link/icarsapp with your mobile phone to download the iCar app from the app store
- Create an account
- Add your credit card in your account
- Redeem the promo code ALSD15 (gives 15% off) in the billing section
- Book a ride in the future
You can certainly cab, Uber, or look into a super shuttle as well.
If I am driving to the conference, is there parking?
Our official parking partner Parkmobile has ample options for you. Click here for more info.
There is also valet and self-park at/near the host hotel, with pricing options:
- Off-site Parking: $4 hourly, $25 daily
- Marriott Valet Parking: $45 daily; $50 oversized
Do I have to be credentialed at all events?
Yes! And we mean every event. You will not be permitted into venue events without your ALSD-issued credential, which you receive at registration with a lanyard. Additionally, for Monday’s venue, each attendee will get a wrist band on the bus, which you must wear. If you are driving to Monday’s tour, you must get a wrist band before you enter. For all tours, the credentials are how host venues account for attendees and secure the parties. Your guests who have registered must also wear their credentials.
Can I drive to the venue tours?
For local venue attendees and others who will drive to the venue tours, we will have "If Driving" cards available at the registration desk with directions and gate/entry information. Please ensure you follow the instructions to ensure proper entry.
Can I check bags at the host hotel?
Yes, the host hotel has a baggage check. The hotel might also grant late check-outs upon request; call ahead or upon arrival as late check-outs are limited. Please plan accordingly. Check-in at the hotel is at 4:00 p.m. Check-out is at 12:00 p.m.
What do I need to bring?
Energy and an open mind! Please be prepared to take part in interactive sessions and meetings that call for audience participation.